A look at an all original Smith & Wesson M1917, complete with original ammo.
Smith & Wesson M1917 Specs:
- Cartridge: .45 ACP (11.43×23 mm), .45 Auto Rim
- Action: Double action, solid frame with swing-out cylinder
- Muzzle Velocity: 760 ft/s (231.7 m/s)
- Feed System: six-round cylinder, loaded singly or with two three-round half-moon clips
- Sights: Blade front sight, notched rear sight
- 2.5 lb (1.1 kg) (Colt)
- 2.25 lb (1.0 kg) (S&W)
- Length: 10.8 in (270 mm)
- Barrel Length: 5.5 in (140 mm)
- Variants: Slightly differing versions of the M1917 were made by Colt and Smith & Wesson.