Accuracy International AX308 Rifle review by 8541 Tactical.
The highly advanced, new generation AX308 bolt action sniper rifle from Accuracy International is based on the DNA of the battle proven AW series. Inheriting the toughness, reliability, superb accuracy and ease of maintenance of it’s celebrated predecessor, the AX action retains the same flat-bottom design with a compact and reliable double stack 10-round magazine.
Accuracy International AX308 Rifle Specs:
- Caliber .308 Win (7.62x51mm)
- Weight: 6.1kg (13.5lb) with 20″ barrel (includes empty magazine, Q/A Cheekpiece, Q/A Butt, minus telescopic sight)
- Overall Length: 1020mm (40″) with 20″ barrel
- Action: One-piece, machined from high grade steel
- Trigger: Two-stage adjustable, set at 1.5-2.0kg (3.3-4.4lbs), Adjustable trigger shoe option
- Safety Lever: Three position safety: 1st position blocks the firing pin and locks the bolt; 2nd (mid) position blocks the firing pin, but allows the bolt to be removed; 3rd (forward) position allows the weapon to be fired
- Barrel: Stainless steel match grade in various lengths. Various twist rates available to suit specific ammunition types. Fitted with a high efficiency muzzle brake. Muzzle brake and suppressor option
- Chassis: Adjustable cheekpiece, rear support leg, sling loops, moveable forward accessory rails and sight rail extensions to MIL-STD 1913
- Rear Support Leg: Height adjustable design featuring both quick and fine adjustment
- Magazine: New detachable box type containing ten rounds
- Carriage: Four sling attachment points – two adjustable forward mounts